IN THIS SECTION
Ofsted (December 2016) says
“Sixth form students are excellent role models for younger pupils. They lead by example and interact with younger pupils in a variety of ways including mentoring."
Welcome to the sixth form at St. Anne’s, which provides the opportunity for academic success in a warm and friendly environment where Christian values matter. With a wide range of course, high teaching standards and exceptional pastoral care, we attract girls not only from the local area but also from overseas.
We expect our sixth formers to adopt a mature and independent approach to their studies, aiming for the highest levels of achievement. With the help of our dedicated staff, they develop the skills that will prove invaluable at university and in the workplace: confidence, ambition and perseverance. As a result, many gain places at the university of their choice - including Oxford and Cambridge – or progress into their desired employment.
Our broad range of A Level and BTEC L3 course are designed to excite and challenge our Post-16 students.
- St. Anne’s A Level results are regularly above the national average.
- In 2016 we acheived a pass rate of 99%
- 93% of our students went on to higher education courses
CARE AND WELLBEING
Our Sixth Form is led by key staff who will support students during their time at St. Anne’s:
Mrs J Turner – Assistant Headteacher responsible for Post-16 Education
Ms D Lawrence – KS5 Achievement Leader
Mr M Wiley – UCAS Adviser
With our Catholic ethos underpinning life at St. Anne’s, care for students’ progress and wellbeing continues into the sixth form. We ensure that the sixth form is a happy, supportive environment for the students to reach their full potential.
- Intervention programmes for all subjects
- One to One support for UCAS applications including personal statements with our UCAS Adviser
- Subject teacher support, help, guidance and advice throughout all Level 3 courses
- Personalised advice and help with university and career choices from our specialist Careers Adviser
- Pastoral Care
- Assistance with work placements
Mrs J Turner
Assistant Headteacher responsible for Post-16 Education