We’re very pleased to announce the finalists for this year’s joint St. Anne’s and St. Ignatius Virtual Music Festival, following a rigorous shortlisting process. Thank you to all of you who sent in your music – it was a real joy hearing every piece and the standard was extremely high.
We also want to acknowledge the substantial volume of entries; we received over 70 compositions and performances which was an amazing response and made the shortlisting process extremely challenging for the panel. Though we would like to feature every performance at the Finals, time simply doesn’t allow this to happen, but every entrant will receive feedback from a panel member, a certificate, 5 achievement points and an invitation to have their music heard during our upcoming lunchtime concert series in the Summer Term.
The list of shortlisted performances and compositions are below:
- “Storybook Girl” – Josie Moore, Princella Mensah & Virna Burrun (St. Annes, Y7)
- “Blasphemy” – Daniel Onuegbu (St Ignatius, Y8)
- “Imagination” – Chibuike Oluigbo (St Ignatius, Y10)
- “Finding Lights” – Cristian Espinoza Arichavala, (St Ignatius, Y11)
- “Imagination” – Danny Costi (St Ignatius, Y12)
- “The Faustian Bargain” – Franklin Tobenna Onyeso (St Ignatius, Y12)
- Natalia Maciejewska (St Anne’s, Y8)
- Wanda Siwiec (St Anne’s, Y7)
- Christ-Emmanuel Beugre, Terence Boateng Frimpong, Joshua Gowers, Eloim Munkenda, Austin Saju Joseph, Jonathan Sengo (St Ignatius, Y7)
- Elyonnique Duodu-Appiah (St Anne’s, Y8)
- Milosz Wiater (St Ignatius, Y8)
- Maohang Wu (St Ignatius, Y9)
- Jerald Ylagan (St Ignatius, Y9)
- Alvyna Mathurin, Elizabeth Moreno, Anaelle Nzoussi-Mbassani, Shekinah Sehindemi (St Anne’s, Y9)
- Daniel Akinseye, Joshua Ayobamidele, Luke Browne, Arun Chester, Johan Jomy, Peter Randle (St Ignatius, Y10)
- Olivia Momot (St Anne’s, Y11)
- Emily Tasker (St Anne’s, Y11)
- Natalie Kirk Buaku & Ivie Imafidon-Marcus (St Anne’s, Y11)
- Thomas Ross (St Ignatius, Y11)
- Pranav Varghese (St Ignatius, Y11)
- Sammie-Jo Kadi-Menson (St Anne’s, Y12)
- Richmond Fosuhene (St Ignatius, Y12)
- James Randle (St Ignatius, Y12)
- Luke Jones (St Ignatius, Y13)
Our visiting adjudicator for for the Finals will be Dr Deborah Mollinson. Dr Mollinson will be listening to the performances this week and putting her comments together with the event being broadcast on Monday 28th February (link to be shared later).
Congratulations and thanks to you all for taking the time to share your music!
Ms Fernando, Music Department