LEAD TEACHER OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY
FULL TIME - TLR 2a
January 2021 Start or sooner
We are seeking to appoint an energetic, creative and inspiring teacher of Food Technology.
We currently teach KS3 and KS4 follow AQA Food Preparation & Nutrition code 8585 GCSE. 19 in year 11, 14 in year 10. Well-resourced DT department, PC suite available for GCSE lessons. Excellent technician support (support for food practicals is prioritised in DT) and in 2020 we achieved ‘excellent results’ from very enthusiastic students.
Alongside our academic success, we pride ourselves on our rich and creative curriculum with a wealth of enrichment opportunities to promote engagement and enjoyment of food. The successful candidate will be working within a friendly and supportive team. They will teach students who are eager to learn and whose behaviour for learning is excellent. This post would be suited to a candidate who is looking for a new challenge.
Successful applicants will:
- Be a practitioner, with the energy to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Believe in the right of every student to succeed
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a real team player
- Establish and develop excellent relationships with students and staff
- Support our Catholic ethos and contribute to our core vision and values
- Encourage all students to explore the many opportunities that Food Technology can offer across the curriculum.
We can offer you:
- A school with outstanding behaviour
- An experienced and dedicated DT team who share their excellent practice with each other and other departments.
- A full induction programme, buddy scheme and ongoing CPD both in-house and externally
- A forward looking and over-subscribed school
- A taxi service between the two sites at break and lunch times subject to timetable or mileage allowance subject to Borough criteria
- Local Borough Staff leisure benefits
If you are interested in applying then please fill in the London Borough of Enfield Application form above and return via email to Personnel@st-annes.enfield.sch.uk by 8am on Monday 21 September 2020. Please note only London Borough of Enfield Application forms are accepted.
Informal tours of the school can be arranged by phoning Kathy Worrall on 020 8920 5224 subject to the COVID Guidance at the time with regard to ad hoc visits.
Successful candidates will be advised by 4pm Monday 21 September 2020.
The interviews will be held on Thursday 24 September 2020 at the Enfield Site starting at 8.30am. The interview will include teaching a 50 minute lesson and written tasks. There may be further shortlisting prior to formal interviews.
St Anne’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects ALL staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the school.